Monday, May 6, 2013

Eelmaid


I figure its about time to start bringing in some of my work into this Blog.
Funny now my art was the main reason for starting this blog yet I haven't done anything to show any of my work yet. Haha.


It's a lot of fun to make work that will be used in games and animations but at the end of the day it's always a blast to come back to your own work. About 3 years ago I got into a mermaid run- but not your usual mermaids. I wanting to bring in a more realistic look into these myths of the deep. Or at least a little more realistic then the usual half human half fish look. 
So I began researching fish and sea life- while researching I came across an Eel that stood out to me. A Hawaiian Dragon Moray Eel. These eels have a beautiful design of orange, brown, white and yellow. 

3 years later I have decided to take my creation and redesign it in the computer.
I started reworking this character of mine about 2 months ago and between school and outside work, I have had little time to dedicate to this drawing- but what time I do have, I have enjoyed. 
Line work is always a lot of fun to do- going from the sketch to a solid form to take farther


I usually catch myself only doing a little of something at a time. Like coloring in the face with shading and lighting before actually going into the rest of the body like I should in order to keep everything even. So, for this work, I have decided to start out with a base coloring and work up from it. 


From the color base I worked up- bringing in some of the shading and flaring some of the skin levels with a dash of yellow to bring out the lighting a little more. Once completed with the spots is when I plan to incorporate more of the slimy skin shine that will be white. 


And so the spots begin! 
Lots and LOTS of spots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment