Saturday, May 4, 2013

Race

Well, Why not? 
It's about time I stuck some of my current classroom stuff up.

when starting a game there is one thing you have to always remember- the style will change with time!
haha.
At the Beginning of the semester  Concept art was asked to design small characters for a racing game.
Originally they asked us to give them big heads that were almost the size of the characters body and make them with a simple body shape that the modelers could work with.
So, I made these little things.

Not my best work but hey! 
they are cutesy and short and all that jazz. 

Not more then a week later we where informed that the style had been chosen- a more human proportionate look.
Whoo! So we had our base human style to work from.
So what do I get assined? 

Costumes!


Costumes!

  
And more costumes!



Well, I was assigned a few buildings, cars and a demon worm thing, but I'll save those for another time. Any more drawings in this post and I fear it may brake.

Near the middle of the semester we were told the style had been modified a bit more.
Which meant any character related work we did now needed to be redone in order to fit into the new style and give the modelers up-to-date images to work from.
So I had to start the remakes of my costumes- problem was, we had no male and female body bases yet to work with for the new style.

You know the saying 'Ask and you shall receive'?
Well I asked about it- guess who received the project.
Me. Haha.


Once these where done I was assigned to redo the mane character in the new style. 
 Vwa-la!



 And finally- it was back to doing all sorts of costumes and little things to pix and match for users. 



   









No comments:

Post a Comment